Tuesday 10 January 2017

Mike Fitter - introducing myself.
Critical thinking pose
I was very pleased when Kate asked me to take part in this project - and even more pleased when asked to chair the Critical Thinking group.

Professionally I am an organisational psychologist though mostly retired from paid work.  A practice that I have trained in for the past 15 years is known as Process Oriented Psychology, which I may say more about at some point - it informs the way I work.

I am the Buddhist member of Sheffield Faiths Together executive group and co-chair the Sheffield Cohesion Advisory Group.  We have been working determinedly over the last two years to develop a new Cohesion Strategic Framework for Sheffield - this has been a co-production with Sheffield City Council.   We are now beginning the implementation phase which involves encouraging and supporting services, organisations and groups in all sectors across the city to develop their own cohesion action plans guided by the framework.

Maybe have a look at the most recent edition of The Voice - the magazine of Sheffield 50+
The theme is cohesion, and I have an article in it.
http://www.sheffield50plus.org.uk/images/voice-issues/The%20Voice%20Issue%2015%20Winter%202016_1.pdf

I'm enthusiastic about the idea of spending time with creative colleagues exploring "the critical treatment of the notion of 'social cohesion' and the relationship between the arts and social cohesion",  which the funder has asked us to do.

2 comments:

  1. Many thanks Mike for being brave enough to go on and introduce yourself, and also thanks for the links to The Voice.
    I have asked Katy our RA to look at resources and literature on social cohesion and that will be very helpful.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,

    Yes Thank You Mike - for our residential I will be gathering up a summary (the beginnings of a literature review in the form of a summary / briefing paper) so this will be great!

    Katy

    ReplyDelete